Thursday, May 27, 2010

I think I can...I think I can...

I think I can start blogging again. It's been forever and a day, in fact we have gone through two seasons without another blog post. So much has changed since the fall, including the biggest change of all, the birth of my second little man, P-man. Being a mommy of two has been the biggest challenge in my life thus far. It's also been the biggest learning experience. I'm still learning how to juggle my time effectively, so both boys are entertained, dressed, fed, etc on time. However, there are more days than I can count where it's taken me until Jess gets home to either get dressed, eat, brush my teeth, or use the restroom. It's slowly getting better, and I've come to learn that it's easier to get ready after P-man's first feeding of the morning while W's asleep. In fact, that's when I try and get the most done, dishes washed and put away, make the beds, straighten up, and declutter. I would like to say this is a daily occurrence, but this unfortunately only gets done a few times a week (right now William and I are in our jams, and Patrick is the only one dressed). Pick and choose your battles I guess, right?!

Jesse starts shift work on July 12th, which will also be his first month of nights. He will work 8:00p-8:00a and will continue to do nights during the months of September, November, and January. August, October, and December he will be on days. We will be in Nebraska his first month of nights, so we only really have to deal with two and a half months of nights. I really hope I can get the kiddos out of the house while Jesse sleeps. I also hope I can sleep during the night knowing Jess isn't home. The biggest hurdle of all, is trying to learn how to again juggle everything along with good time management. I would gladly accept any advice with open arms on how to learn time management while parenting two children. I guess it's time to bring out the cookbooks, since I will be planning and preparing meals a lot more often. I've been truly blessed that I have a hubby who loves to cook, so I've become lazy in the kitchen department. Oh well!

As much as I would love to continue blogging and updating you all. My little man is awake from his nap, so I must draw this blog to a close. I *think* I can continue to update this at least once every three days, which is my main goal. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment