Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011 Cont.`

Wow, what a day it's been. I'm exhausted! We started off our morning with Valentine's Day pancakes. W and P-man just inhaled them. Of course, trying to make heart shaped pancakes came with a lot of trial and error. However, in the end they all looked like hearts, which is what I was aiming for in an end result.

After we ate breakfast, W and I worked on his Valentines he will be handing out to his friends at a playdate on Wednesday afternoon. I wanted to do something more homemade this year. My inspiration for these cards came from this blog: Craft-O-Maniac. One side of the cardstock has the boys picture(and candy), and the other is a homemade template I made in publisher.


Lunch was another Valentine's inspired meal with heart shaped grilled cheese and tomato soap(was not heart shaped... lol). Jess came home and ate a good lunch, and both boys enjoyed eating their grilled cheeses. The soup wasn't a huge hit with W this time, he normally really enjoys his "mater soap", as he likes to call it. I had a nice mess to clean up, especially since half of the mess was still from breakfast. Thank goodness the hubby volunteered to help clean up for me.

I still had some last minute errands to run, and wanted to grab ingredients to rice krispie treats. I didn't have any marshmallows and needed more margarine. Now, I will admit, this is only the second time in the past year that I have ran to the store with both boys, pathetic, right? The trip to the store wasn't so bad, and the boys had fun riding in the cart. We came home to start making dessert, which of course was heart shaped rice krispies. Anyone who knows me, I'm not a good baker, and am quite intimidated by the process. Anywho, I ended up burning the dang butter, the dial was turned a little past warm, and I had a fussing baby at my hip which help any. Before they cooled all the way, W helped me use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the rice krispies. They smelled so good, of course after the smell of burnt butter left the room.
After making another huge mess, I decided it was time to do a fun Valentine's Day craft with W. A new follower let me know about a blog she does, which is directed at early childhood education, Touch of Home Learning. I went over there, and found some neat heart shaped craft ideas. I showed W, and he told me he wanted to make a heart shaped octopus. He had a blast gluing on all the heart shaped parts of the octopus, and mommy enjoyed using fun scissors to cut out the hearts. In the end, the craft turned out really cute, and of course W had fun.


I had a fun dinner planned for the four of us. I made homemade heart shaped pepperoni pizza with mozzarella and cheddar cheese and breadsticks. I also decorated our kitchen table with fun Valentine's Day decor. I also placed the boys and the hubby's gifts right behind dessert. The hubster surprised me with beautiful white daisy's that I used as our centerpiece. Dinner was super yummy and everyone enjoyed the pizza, P-man even polished off an entire piece. At the end of dinner we at our rice krispy treat and exchanged gifts. The boys got a card, Valentine's Day book, and William got chocolate(you can't have a Vday without chocolate). I gave Jess a one hour massage, because I know he's been under a ton of stress from work and of course from the upcoming deployment.




All in all, it was a great day, exhausting one, but great. I love the men in my life so much, and I really enjoyed spoiling each and every one of them. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the different Valentine's day crafts that you did! Wow! All I did was bake a cake and decorate it, and then I made a huge special dinner LOL.

    Btw, I gave you an award on my blog 8)

    ReplyDelete