Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby Signing Time

**This picture was taken off of the Signing Time Website**

I truly believe baby sign language is a great way to get passed the communication barrier with your baby and toddler. We used baby sign language with W, and it was our saving grace. W picked up on it very early (around 8 months) with his first sign being "all done". A few months after that, he was signing "more", "please", "thank you", "milk", "ball", "drink", "eat", etc. It was nice being able to communicate with him, because he didn't get as frustrated when it came to getting him what he wanted.

P-man received "Baby Signing Time" for Christmas from Jess and I, and we watch it almost every day. We just love all the songs and how they put all the signs together, for example: signs for eat, drink, please, more, juice, cereal, etc are all in the same section and song, the same goes with animals. It makes it easy for the both of us to learn and remember each sign. Plus, Rachel does a great job keeping the attention of not only P-man, but his older brother as well.

I have nothing bad to say about this video, and can't wait to order the rest of the volume's (we only have the 1st volume). Feel free to check out their website: Signing Time. They have more than just videos, so definitely check them out. You definitely have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain. It's such a relief being able to overcome the communication barrier with P-man.

Oh, I also wanted to point out that using sign language with your baby/toddler will not DELAY their speech. In fact, I believe it helped W talk at an earlier age. At 15 months, he was already using more than 20 words and some two word sentences.

Here is P-man signing, "all done".



**This review comes directly from my own personal experiences and my opinion is that of my own. I was not paid or compensated in any form for this review. This video was purchased by me.**

2 comments:

  1. Awww....atta boy P!!! You are awesome!!!! Love you, Nona....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute. I agree that baby signing helps babies to talk, it helps them see the benefits of communication!

    ReplyDelete