We celebrated the 4th of July at a friend's house down the street. She was gracious enough to open up her home to us and a few other families. I made Happy Potatoes and a flag fruit pizza (I will share the recipes of both at the bottom of this blog post). The food, company, and all the fun made for a great celebration of our nation's birthday.
Here are a few pictures from our day of celebration:
Flag Fruit Pizza
Flag Fruit Pizza:
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packages Pillsbury sugar cookie dough ( 1-2 packages. depends on how thick you want your crust to be, I use 2)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese ( softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip ( thawed)
- fresh fruit, any kind you may like ( i.e. kiwi, strawberries, grapes, oranges, bananas, etc.)
- Cut sugar cookie dough into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Lay it down on a greased pizza pan or rectangular pan.
- Press dough till pressed together.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Let it cool completely.
- While baking your crust, get a large bowl and mix together sugar,vanilla,and cream cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture onto baked crust (that is completely cooled.) When spread on, cut up your fresh fruit and place onto your pizza.
- Then put in refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- Then your ready to eat and enjoy.
- Another great and fun way to make this is using the rectangular pan is to use blueberries and strawberries to make an American flag.
- Use the blueberries as stars and strawberries and raspberries as stripes.
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 1 can of cream of celery
- 1 8oz container of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or american cheese
- 2 cups of Cornflakes or Frosted Flakes (for an added sugar taste)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line 9 x 13 pan with frozen hashbrowns
- Mix cream of celery, sour cream, and cheese in a small-medium sized mixing bowl
- Pour over potatoes and mix in a little
- Sprinkle Cornflakes or Frosted Flakes
- Pour melted butter over top
- Bake 30 minutes covered, and then another 30 minutes uncovered for a total of 60 minutes