Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weightloss...Oh My

Wow, I can't believe it's been two months since I've really blogged....I know I've been bad. Ever since summer started, W and I have been extremely busy. We go to the local pool once a week, and we're out at our cabin at the lake every weekend. It's nice being out on the lake with the warm summer sun hitting your face, and feeling the soft summer breeze. Oh, and having a jetski to ride is a definite plus! W is almost 14 months old, and is pretty close to walking full time....he still prefers the crawl as his method of transportation. I honestly don't blame him...it takes him 1/2 the time to get to his toys if he crawls. LOL! He can stand alone w/o assistance, and the face he makes is priceless....you can really tell his proud of himself (and so is mommy and daddy). I'm trying to think of what else he's been doing... he loves to talk in his own baby language and sign "doggie", so we're up to four signs learned. He says dada, mama, nona, papa, and "ilk" for milk. The one thing that's really impressed me is how good W's memory is.... the other day during a diaper change I went and waved my hand back and forth and went "stinky, stinky", and the next poopy diaper change, he was able to wave his hand back and forth. W definitely enjoys mocking everyone...it's the cutest thing.

I've been doing good...I can't believe it's been 5 months since Jess left for Korea.... he comes home in 51 days, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to run to him as soon as he gets off the plane and jump into his arms and lay the biggest kiss on his lips. I get a little butterfly in my stomach when I think about it. I've also been hitting the gym pretty hard core. Before Jess left, we decided to join the local YMCA. I've been working out 5 times a week anywhere between 1.5-2.0 hours. I usually do at least 60 min. of cardio, and 45-60 min. of weight training. I really do enjoy their classes at the Y....my fav. being bootcamp...oh and of course power pump! I've lost about 30 lbs to date, but I'll get a little more of an accurate weight loss when I visit my O.B. tomorrow. Here is a before and after picture of my weight loss.


Before, 8/4/07:





After, 7/8/08:





I'll make sure I keep you all updated on my weight loss progress. It really feels good to have some confidence back. I can't wait to show Jess the new me. My next goal is another 30 lbs, and I'm hoping to lose it before Jess comes home for good in Feb. :)

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD LEYNA!!!! This is AWESOME! I am so proud of you!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome Leyna!! Way to go! I'm so happy you finally updated your blog-now we need some new pics of William!!:)

    ReplyDelete