Monday, November 10, 2008

Okay, it's been a while....

I really need to get back to blogging, but it's been difficult to sit down and type. Jess came home on his mid tour, so I definitely didn't have time to get on. Then, not even a few days after Jess left, W came down with a bad cold, which turned into a bad sinus infection. The dog also had a bad case of diarrhea that needed to be treated with antibiotics.....this is like the third time of them both being on antibiotics at the same time..... I don't know how mom's of multiples does it. Anyway, I thought I'd break away from taking a nap and type a quick blog before W wakes up from his nap.

I'm slowly starting to get back into the working out scene again after taking a break while W and the dog got better. I was going five days a week for 1.5 hours +. I've been going back to the gym three days a week now for 1.5 hours. I'm hoping once W is 100%, I'll be able to go five days again. I'm trying to lose another 25-30 lbs before my brother-in-law's wedding/graduation in May. I really want to look good on my husband's arm, because this will only be my 3rd time back to Virginia, and my 1st time meeting many of my husband's family and friends. This will also be W's first time to his daddy's hometown, and we're so excited to show him many things about the great state of Virginia. We were hoping to bring along some good news with us, but God decided now wasn't the right time. Yep you guessed it, Jesse and I tried for baby #2 while he was home on leave. It would have been okay timing (I would've been 9 months preggo at the time of all these family festivities in Virginia), but I was really looking forward to not only a June baby, but a baby brother or sister for W. I've been a big believer in things happening for a reason, and I just think the good Lord upstairs wanted Jess to be here 100% for not only me, but for W during my pregnancy. We hope to continue trying when he comes home in Feb. hoping and praying for a November baby.

W's definitely getting bigger and smarter by the minute. I can't get over the new things he learns every day. We're still using baby signs, but his vocabulary is growing so much he doesn't seem to rely on the sign language to communicate with us. Here are the list of words W speaks to us daily:

  • Mommy
  • Papa
  • Daddy
    Doggie
    Kitty
    "phutball" a.k.a Football
    "butch down" a.k.a Touchdown
    Car
    Truck
    "Ca Ca" a.k.a Tractor
    Ball
    "eese" a.k.a Reese
    Eat
    Bye
    Hi
    Juice
    Baby
    "ilk" a.k.a Milk
    "loon" a.k.a Balloon
    Nona
    Bear
  • Katie
  • Cracker

We have our 18 month appointment coming up, so we'll see how great he's doing learning and growing wise. Oh, yes, and I forgot to add I have a climber. Yep, W loves to climb on everything. The other day I was putting dishes in the dishwasher, and W pushed Reese's kennel to the table, crawled on top of that, and then onto the table. He about gave mommy a heart attack.

Moving day is coming up quickly, and it's starting to hit home a little bit for me. I'm so anxious to get my family of three back together, and explore a new city. However, my comfort zone is going to be so far away and in the hearts of my family back in Nebraska. I'm just so thankful I have such a wonderful family to help me not only move, but paint, unpack, help with W, and help adjust me to a new city. I decided to move with out Jesse, because I want to enjoy his homecoming, and make the transition from an international duty station to his new one an easy and comfortable one. The big "M" day is set for Jan. 20th. I have the government moving our things around the 16th of January, so not only are the holidays going to be busy with shopping and seeing family, but preparing for a huge move to the great state of Ohio. Oh, and no, we will not become Buckeye fans. LOL! Here are a few pictures of our new residence in Ohio:



I'm going to save our Halloween adventure for tomorrow's post. I really need to get off and get some stuff done around the house. We were stuck inside this past weekend due to the Stomach flu visiting our house, so I have a bunch of cleaning to do. You gotta love disinfecting a house. YAY! Could you feel the sarcasm. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, i was so happy to get updated on what's going on with you! :-) Can't wait to visit you in Ohio! or, "Oh-whee-oh" as Chris calls it.

    ReplyDelete